Junior Structural Engineer
ASR Engineers Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join the Structural Division specializing in Small Buildings working out of our Toronto office. The successful candidate will work directly under the Structural Engineering Manager and will be responsible for assisting with structural design of residential and small Institutional-Commercial-Industrial projects, site reviews of construction, and site investigations of existing structures. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting and guiding junior staff members.
- Structural design and evaluation of building components, including wood, concrete, steel, and masonry
- Ensuring construction plans and specifications meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations. Familiarity with Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code is a strong asset.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing building structures
- Writing field reports
- Review shop drawings
- Preparation of drawings or drafting in AutoCAD
- Working within the project team environment from preliminary stages of the design through to completion
- Coordination and communication with other engineers, architects, contractors, designers and homeowners
Skills / Qualifications
- A Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- Registered or eligible for registration (within 6 months) as a P.Eng with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- 2-3 years of experience in structural engineering within Canada; experience in building design will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and engineering design codes
- Strong time management and multitasking skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines
- Effective leader and mentor to junior staff
- The willingness to learn and adapt as necessary
- Ability to work both independently and within a team setting
- Access to reliable transportation for necessary travel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD suite
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and annual performance bonus. We believe in offering a positive working environment and building long-lasting relationships with our employees, creating a culture of success that translates into exceptional projects for our clients. Employees also enjoy access to group health benefits, RRSP program, career development opportunities, and regular social and team-building events.
All qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume and cover letter should be saved as one PDF file named “Structural Engineer – Your First and Last Name.” Please note that references are to be made available upon our request.